The role of IT Support Technician is to provide assistance to computer users by answering questions, resolving technical problems and maintain a company’s network, software and computer equipment. Support can be provided in person, phone or online to address issues ranging from network systems to individual desktop/laptop users.
The IT support Technician will be expected to provide 1st and 2nd line support to two sites, based in Basildon Essex and remote support for our offices based around the globe.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately log and record call details and maintain communication with users throughout the entirety of the ticket.
- Procurement of all IT software and hardware.
- Imaging and deployment of new hardware.
- Accurately update internal systems.
- New start/leaver process.
- User acceptance testing.
- Ensure you are fully versed in business policies and procedures.
- Perform 1st line network diagnostics.
- General ERP system maintenance.
- Liaise with 3rd suppliers and partners.
- Floor walk and weekly check of meeting room equipment.
- Labelling of IT environment/tidying of comms and store rooms.
- Working between two locations.
- Assist Head of IT in research and testing of new technologies
- Provide a 1st point of contact for all Service Desk Incidents and Requests for Change.
- Ensuring SLA’s are met and Excellent Customer Service is provided at all times.
- Resolve all 1st and 2nd line queries and escalate where required to the 3rd line when appropriate.
- Provide support across the following Servers, Desktop, Software, Printers, Remote Access and Mobile Devices.
- To deliver agreed objectives within an agreed timeframe.
- To maintain professional standards at all times.
- To be punctual, maintain dress standards, be polite and courteous to internal and external customers at all times.
- To act in an efficient and professional manner at all times.
- To maintaining a high level of confidentiality, as appropriate to the circumstances.
- To be approachable, helpful and flexible in attitude at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure.